Fluoride as F- mg/L
Above 1.5 require a Reverse Osmosis System.
There is no hard proof that Fluoride have health benefits or side effects.
- Fluoride levels in water over 1.5/L cause discoloring or mottling of the teeth.
- Lower Fluoride levels between 1 and 1.5 mg/L will give teeth greater resistance to decay.
- Higher Fluoride levels that are greater than 0.7 mg/L oral supplements are NOT recommended.
- A fluoride concentration of approximately 1 mg/L helps prevent dental cavities and osteoporosis.
- At concentrations below 0.7 mg/L, fluoride would likely not be of benefit. Caution:
- Fluoride concentrations above 1.8 mg/L, fluoride may cause staining of enamel of permanent teeth.
- This is most commonly with children of up to about 10 years of age.
- Because this is the only effect, recently increased the MCL for fluoride.
- Crippling bone changes may occur in some people if drinking water is above 8 mg/L fluoride.
Take for what it is worth. There is no proof of the statements!
Fluoride Affects Many Tissues in Your Body Besides Your Teeth.
People assume that consuming fluoride is only an issue that involves your dental health. But according to a 500-page scientific review, fluoride is an endocrine disruption that can affect your bones, brain, thyroid gland, pineal gland and even your blood sugar levels.
There have been over 34 human studies and 100 animal studies linking fluoride to brain damage, including lower IQ in children, and studies have shown that fluoride toxicity can lead to a wide variety of health problems, including:
|Increased lead absorption||Disrupts synthesis of collagen||Hyperactivity and/or lethargy||Muscle disorders|
|Thyroid disease||Arthritis||Dementia||Bone fractures|
|Lowered thyroid function||Bone cancer (osteosarcoma)||Inactivates 62 enzymes and inhibits more than 100||Inhibited formation of antibodies|
|Genetic damage and cell death||Increased tumor and cancer rate||Disrupted immune system||Damaged sperm and increased infertility|