I have termites in the borehole water.
NEVER EVER ASSUME THE BOREHOLE WATER TO BE SAFE FOR CONSUMPTION!
Why are there termites in the borehole?
- Termites in the borehole are a very common problem.
- We find that every year during the rainy season clients complain about termites in their boreholes.
- The clients complain about the smell of the water.
- When they investigate they find dead termites.
- Most of the time they see the dead termites in the water.
Where do the termites in the borehole come from?
- The termites in the borehole have their nest around the borehole sleeve.
- The reason they make their nest around the sleeve is because, sometimes the borehole pipe leaks and the area is a little wet.
- When the problem arises it is normally a termite nest that is more than one year old.
- Most of the time the grass is long around the borehole and that is the ideal environment for termites and ants to make their nest there.
- The rain water makes the ground soft and the nest collapse and fall into the water.
Treatment of the termites around the borehole.
- This treatment is also applicable to ants.
- You can’t use any poison near the borehole.
- That poison can enter the borehole and contaminate the borehole.
- You must treat the insects with natural products.
- The best is to use flour.
- Just sprinkle flour on the ground around the borehole.
- The ants and termites digestion system can’t digest the flour.
- The insects actually starve to death.
- No poison and the insects in dead.
Treatment of termites in the borehole.
- This is applicable to ants as well.
- All you can do is to pump the water as long as disposable until there are no more termites, ants or eggs visible.
Prevention of termites in the borehole.
- Keep the area around the borehole clean.
- It must be free from any vegetation.
- When any insect activity is been noticed. Act without delay.
Assistance with borehole related problems.
The best you can do is to contact us.