Why is there salt in my well point water?
- I recently installed a well point on my property in Parklands.
- The person that drilled ensure me that we would get water.
- Big was my surprise when we found water.
- The water was a strong stream that flow out when the drill people drilled and even tested the strength of the borehole.
- I was so pleased that we found water.
- What the drill people didn’t inform me is that most of the well points in our area have salt in.
- When it tastes the water it was if I took sea water.
- That was when I realize with a shock that the well point water would not be usable for anything.
- Not even gardening.
Testing the well point water.
- I download the water testing form from the website www.boreholewater.com.
- Print it and marked all the elements on the form.
- I took a 2 liter of water from the well point to the water testing laboratory at Strand.
- The name of the laboratory is Bemlab.
- Seven days later I received the report.
- I couldn’t believe it.
- The water was of a low quality due to the high content of Sodium, Chloride, Calcium, Magnesium and Iron.
- All the money wasted for a borehole with water that I can’t even use.
Removing salt from well point water.
- The only solution is desalination.
- That is expensive and for industrial use, not for domestic use.
- There is a person that is busy with a patent and the results looks good for the removal of Sodium and chloride from well point water.
- Test results from the laboratory indicated that the sodium and chloride readings were lower.