Giardia species count/10mL
What is a Giardia?
- The Giardia is a microscopic parasite.
- The Giardia parasite causes Giardiasis that is a diarrheal disease.
- This is a parasite and feeds from their host to survive.
- This parasite lives in the intestine of their host and their offspring is them disposed through the feces.
- The Giardia can sometimes survive for weeks or months.
Infection with the Giardia.
- The Giardia lives in the intestines of infected humans or other animals.
- Humans that become infected by ingesting or coming into contact with contaminated foods, soil, or water.
- The source of the contamination is due to feces of an infected carrier.
Symptoms of Giardia.
- The symptoms appear appears from 2 days after infection.
- This is associated with violent diarrhea, excess gas, stomach or abdominal cramps, upset stomach, and nausea.
- Dehydration and nutritional loss must get immediate medical treatment.
- The typical infection can be slight and could be resolved without treatment.
- It could last between 2–6 weeks but could take longer in more severe cases.
- The symptoms can vanish but the person could be a carrier of the Giardia.
- Giardia causes a disease called Giardiasis.
Size of the Giardia
- The size of the Giardia and Cryptosporidium are about 5 microns in size.
- Most of the water filters miss bacteria such as Cholera, E. Coli.
- Even the Salmonella (0.2 –0.5 microns) and viruses such as Hepatitis A also can go through most of the water filters.
- The rotovirus and Norwalk virus (.004 microns).
- This virus can even go through the reverse osmosis system.
Destroying of viruses.
- The viruses are alive and the best option to get rid of them is with the use of the UV Light unit.
- Some viruses can even go through the reverse osmosis system.
- We have found that about 30% of reverse osmosis systems are not effective due to low quality water filters.
- The biggest problem is people servicing the reverse osmosis systems.
- Knowing nothing about the products or the system.
UV Light Unit.
- The UV light unit is the best option.
- We will assist you with the product that would suite your need.
- It is important to get the correct UV light unit.
- Give us a call. We also provide advice.
- If their is any detection of any Giardia in your water sample.
- You must act.
- Contact us to assist you with advice and the product that best solve the problem.
- This is the field we specializing in.