Above 8. Get a 5 stage reverse osmosis system and advice.
What is lead?
- Lead is a toxic metal that was used for many years in products found in and around homes.
- Even at low levels, lead may cause a range of health effects including behavioral problems and learning disabilities.
- Children six years old and under are most at risk because this is when the brain is developing.
- The primary source of lead exposure for most children is lead-based paint in older homes.
- Lead in drinking water can add to that exposure.
Health effects of Lead on humans.
- Infants and children who drink water containing lead in excess of the action level could experience delays in their physical or mental development.
- Children could show slight deficits in attention span and learning abilities.
- Adults who drink this water over many years could develop kidney problems or high blood pressure.